The Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) is a voluntary accreditation scheme encompassing all aspects of safety, fuel efficiency, vehicle emissions and improved operations. FORS helps fleet operators to measure and monitor performance and alter their operations in order to demonstrate best practice. It is open to operators of vans, lorries, mini-buses, coaches and other vehicles, and to the organisations that award contracts to those operators.
What are the benefits?
FORS will benefit operators who want to:
- Improve road safety
- Reduce the incidence of fines and other charges
- Reduce fuel emissions and enhance fuel efficiency
- Gain greater industry intelligence and networking opportunities
- Stand out from the crowd
For a copy of the ‘A guide to FORS benefits’ brochure, please click here.
FORS offers best practice toolkits and advice, which include:
- FORS performance management system – demonstrates safety and efficiency improvements and progress through the FORS accreditation levels
- Penalty Charge Notice toolkit – monitor, manage and reduce the number of penalties your business receives
- Fuel use tracker – record and track fuel usage, monitor miles per gallon, CO2 and efficiency improvements
- Cycle safety toolkit – minimise the risk of collisions between your vehicles and vulnerable road users
- Congestion toolkits – improve delivery plans and reduce the amount of time spent in traffic
Professional development opportunities
FORS accreditation provides access to targeted training for both managers and drivers:
- Ten FORS Practitioner workshops – covering safety, efficiency, environmental issues and performance management
- Safe Urban Driving – access to driver CPC training
- Seven driver eLearning modules – covering safety, vulnerable road user safety, fuel and PCNs
- Access to CILT Knowledge Centre
Exclusive offers and discounts
To help your business meet and maintain the FORS Standard, there are many offers and discounts available on training, equipment and services. These will help your business to improve safety, become more efficient and reduce its environmental impact.
The FORS Community Partnership and GSAG
The FORS Community Partnership, established in 2015, consists of AECOM, The Chartered Institute for Logistics Transport (CILT) and Fleet Source. The Governance and Standards Advisory Group (GSAG) is made up of key operators and specifiers who ensure that the FORS Standard is progressive and remains relevant.
The Prince Michael International Road Safety Award
In 2014, FORS was awarded the Prince Michael International Road Safety Award for its continuing work to improve fleet and freight safety across the UK. Read more…
How does it work?
Your FORS journey to accreditation will transform your business into an industry pace setter and a leader in fleet transport best practice. You will instil a mindset of continual improvement, joining an elite group of operators that boast exemplary levels of safety, efficiency and environmental awareness. The accreditation process is clear and straightforward, with lots of support available from the FORS team.