Euro Accessories have been supplying accessories and precast lifting items into the U.K and Ireland construction market for over a quarter of a century. We have unrivalled experience in the production and supply of products to install, pour, demould, repair and handle reinforced concrete both on site and in precast concrete production plants.
All materials are sourced, manufactured and supplied under a strict quality management system in accordance with ISO9001:2015. We have a dedicated sales team with many years of experience in the industry, along with a purchasing department with in depth knowledge of the supply chain to obtain the best price and quality balance. We also have in house technical support providing design assistance and best practice guidance on all our products. John O’Flaherty – Our Operations Manager says FORS has definitely brought them forward in the industry and he fully promotes FORS to every company he comes across.’
We came across FORS when tendering for work across London.
When we looked at the requirements and benefits of joining the scheme we saw that they fitted in perfectly with our ethos of improving safety whilst complementing our drive to improve fuel efficiency and reduce our environmental impact’
We take compliance and safety very seriously, so we achieved our Bronze and Silver Accreditation and knew we should move straight onto FORS Gold. FORS did help us by providing training and tools that improved the policies and procedures’
The performance management toolkit really helped us set our targets for reducing our carbon footprint and improving our MPG. FORS has helped us improve our filing systems and procedures’
All our drivers have completed their Safe Urban Driving course and the LoCity for Drivers CPC Course. We have also invested heavily in vehicle safety systems cameras, nearside proximity sensors, audible alarms and arrest rails for all our vehicles. All our drivers have also completed FORS E-Learning modules.’
‘We haven’t received any accidents/collisions in the past 5 years and we also haven’t received any Parking Fines and Charges in the past 5 years either’ – John O’Flaherty our Operations Manager.
‘FORS has helped us achieve compliance and safety’ – John O’Flaherty Operations Manager
- We have managed to keep our Parking Fines and accidents/incidents down to zero for the past 5 years. We achieved this by making sure we always selected the best route possible to all our sites and we plan ahead before leaving the yard
|MPG||Incidents per year||
Number of Parking Fines and Charges
|Jul 19 – Jun 20||16.62||0||0|
|Jul 20 – Jun 21||16.71||0||0|
*No PCN’s or accidents for the past 5 years.
- We get all my drivers to complete a comprehensive Medical Declaration on a annually basis even though the FORS Standard states once every 5 years. It’s also mentioned in the drivers handbook that if they at any point in time start suffering from a medical condition they need to notify the company ASAP as well as if they need to start taking medication prescribed by their GP or over the counter drugs. We will then investigate it to see if it’s still safe for the driver to be driving for the company and we may even ask the driver to get a letter from his doctor informing the company if he is still able to drive for the company. We will then start doing more driver assessments on the driver to make sure he isn’t a risk to the company or anyone on the road.
- We have recently adopted a recruitment policy to try and help us recruit young drivers into the Transport industry.
- We only use the Operating centre for parking our lorries. All our servicing is done by main dealers at their sites not ours. The only noise generated is when my lorries are idling so we can carry out our defect checks. All my lorries have white noise reversing alarms fitted to them.
- We run a fleet of Rigid and Artic Lorries with trailers. We have looked at alternative fuels and alternative transport but after looking at the whole life cost of each vehicle, it isn’t cost effective for us to run Electric vehicles or using alternative methods of transport as trains etc. All our vehicles are Euro 6 compliant. We have looked at electric vehicles and because of the weights we carry and the fact that our lorries have specialist equipment fitted no manufacture have produced an alternative fuelled vehicle that can carry the weight we do and go over the same terrain we do.
We will continue using what FORS has taught us to improve our MPG and reduce any wasted idling we might have and keep our Parking fines and Charges to zero’
Gaining FORS Gold Accreditation shows how dedicated we are as a company to improving road safety and the safety of all vulnerable road users in London as well as nationally. We will continuously use what FORS has taught us to help reduce our carbon footprint and make the roads so safer for everyone that uses them.