Morari Transport Services Ltd was formed in 2014 to provide a muck away service for the construction industry. In the following years we were extensively involved with Keltbray doing their muck away. Over that time Morari Transport Services Ltd has been awarded FORS Bronze accreditation from TFL and is regarded by DVSA as a Green Operator. In the past 2 years we have doubled our fleet. Maria Morari, is our Managing Director and Fuel Champion as she knows very well how important it is to keep running costs down while running a very safe and efficient Fleet.’
We decided to go for FORS as best practice. When we looked at the requirements and benefits of joining the scheme we saw that they fitted in perfectly with our ethos of improving safety whilst complementing our drive to improve fuel efficiency and reduce our environmental impact.’
We take compliance and safety very seriously so we achieved our Bronze and Silver Accreditation first time. FORS did help us by providing training and tools that improved the policies and procedures’
The performance management toolkit really helped us set our targets for reducing our carbon footprint and improving our MPG. FORS has helped us improve our filing systems and procedures’
‘FORS has helped us achieve compliance and safety’ – Maria Morari Director
All our drivers have completed their Safe Urban Driving course which was funded by the Transport for London. We have also invested heavily in vehicle safety systems cameras, nearside proximity sensors and audible alarms for all our vehicles. All our drivers have also completed FORS E-Learning modules.’
‘We have kept our accidents and Parking fines and charges to zero for the past 3 years – Maria Morari Director
- We have managed to keep our accidents/incidents down to zero for the last 3 years in a row. We achieved this by making sure we always selected the best route possible to all our sites and we plan ahead before leaving the yard
|MPG||Incidents per 100,000 Kms||Parking Fines and Charges|
|Sept 14-Aug 2015||7.29||0||0|
|Sept 16-Aug 2017||8.82||0||0|
- We get all my drivers to complete a comprehensive Medical Declaration on an annually basis even though the FORS Standard states once every 5 years. It’s also mentioned in the driver’s handbook that if they at any point in time start suffering from a medical condition they need to notify the company ASAP as well as if they need to start taking medication prescribed by their GP or over the counter drugs. We will then investigate it to see if it’s still safe for the driver to be driving for the company and we may even ask the driver to get a letter from his doctor informing the company if he is still able to drive for the company. We will then start doing more driver assessments on the driver to make sure he isn’t a risk to the company or anyone on the road.
- We have recently implemented a recruitment Policy to try and help us recruit young drivers into the Transport industry for when our driver retire one day.
- We only use the Operating centres for parking our lorries. We don’t do any loading/ unloading in our operating yard and all our servicing is done by main dealers at their sites not ours. The only noise generated is when my lorries are idling so we can carry out our defect checks. All my lorries have white noise reversing alarms fitted to them.
- We transport waste soil to and from construction sites across London and the South East of England. As we rely on our customers asking us to collect muck away and then deliver it to various construction sites across London and the South East of England, we never know where we are going until they need us. Using a Lorry is the most cost effective way of moving our clients waste soil and aggregates to various construction sites. We are replacing all our lorries with Euro 6 engines as and when they are due. We have looked at electric vehicles and because of the weights we carry and the fact that our lorries are 32 ton tippers no manufacture have produced an alternative fuelled vehicle that can carry the weight we do and go over the same terrain we do.
We will continue using what FORS has taught us to improve our MPG and reduce any wasted idling we might have and keep our Parking fines and Charges to zero’
Gaining FORS Gold Accreditation shows how dedicated we are as a company to improving road safety and the safety of all vulnerable road users in London as well as nationally. We will continuously use what FORS has taught us to help reduce our carbon footprint and make the roads so safer for everyone that uses them. We have also managed to make a significant saving by reducing our fuel usage and improving our MPG.
Please note: All published FORS Gold case studies have been submitted by the accredited company named above and transcribed verbatim.