Established in 1925, TJ Hammond Transport Ltd has provided transport & logistics to businesses all over the UK & Europe “we have been working for the last three years to FORS standards and compliance procedures” says Clive Morris, Fleet Compliance Manager of TJ Hammond Transport Ltd, it has been my role to demonstrate to FORS that we qualify to be a Gold FORS member”.
TJ Hammond Transport Ltd has achieved huge reductions in fuel use through FORS by monitoring vehicles and their performance more closely using vehicle telematics and CO2 monitoring. We have also decreased unnecessary empty vehicle movements and reducing transport related fines by monitoring them using the penalty charge notice tracker provided by FORS’
We first came across FORS as a contractual condition for anyone working on Crossrail explains Clive, “we did some investigation to see if it would be beneficial to us. We soon realised it would be a great opportunity to measure our current company standards against a standard which was perceived to be industry best practice’
We achieved bronze accreditation with ease as we were aware of many procedures that FORS required, Once we achieved bronze we moved straight towards achieving silver accreditation. Having always assessed ourselves and collected the relevant information, we were able to enter a year’s worth of data to the benchmarking system straight away and achieve silver status just 9 months later. The benefit to us is the way the benchmarking system condenses our data into one accessible location and produces graphs that are easy to interpret’
FORS Silver was a very good selling tool for us; it initially was a request from one of our customers, then gaining popularity we were asked by many more customers what our next steps were. Our intention was always to go for FORS Gold but internally we’ve been restructuring. We’ve utilised the Advance Checking Systems for driver licenses and we have used many of the Performance Management Tools that “FORS” have on offer. Driver CPC training was also a great aid for us, this is now an on-going yearly assessment keeping our staff abreast of current laws, compliancy and legislation explains Terry Hammond M.D’
‘FORS has helped us achieve compliance and safety’ – Clive Morris Transport Manager
We have also become active members of lo-city and Eco stars, which in turn has made us realise we have an obligation to help make the air cleaner so we have started to change our fleet from Euro 5 specification vehicles to Euro 6 specification vehicles at a great expense for us to provide a cleaner environment for people living, working and commuting in the capital and other cities. We are active members of Clocs, Crossrail & Work related road risk which has made us make the decision to include the new pedestrian/cyclist CLOCS window in the build spec of all our new vehicles’
‘We have reduced our Accidents by 80% since our baseline year’ – Clive Morris Transport Manager
- We have managed reduce our accidents/incidents by 80% compared to our baseline year. We achieved this by making sure we always selected the best route possible to all our sites and we plan ahead before leaving the yard
|Parking Fines and Charges||Incidents||Number of Vehicles|
|Sept 14-Aug 2015||11||15||18|
|Sept 16-Aug 2017||7||3||17|
|Percentage improvement||36%||80%||5.56% decrease|
- We get all my drivers to complete a Comprehensive Medical Declaration on an annual basis even though the FORS Standard states once every 5 years. It’s also mentioned in the drivers’ handbook that if they at any point in time start suffering from a medical condition they need to notify the company ASAP as well as if they need to start taking medication prescribed by their GP or over the counter drugs. We will then investigate it to see if it’s still safe for the driver to be driving for the company and we may even ask the driver to get a letter from his doctor informing the company if he is still able to drive for the company. We will then start doing more driver assessments on the driver to make sure he isn’t a risk to the company or anyone on the road.
- We have recently adopted a recruitment policy to try and help us recruit young drivers into the Transport industry as we are very short on drivers.
- We only use the Operating centre for parking our lorries. As we are a haulier we go to a site pick up the products and then go drop it off where the client has specified. Very rarely would we bring a load back to our yard and if we do it would stay on the lorry which means there is also no added noise. All our servicing is done by main dealers at their sites, not ours. The only noise generated is when my lorries are idling so we can carry out our defect checks. All my lorries have white noise reversing alarms fitted to them.
- We carry heavy equipment to and from construction sites across the whole country. We mainly move pallets and wooden boxes. As we rely on our customers asking us to collect the equipment from various construction sites across the whole country, we never know where we are going until they need us. Therefore we can’t afford to try and move anything via barge or train as we collect all the equipment from building sites and there is no other method than using a lorry and we then asked to deliver anywhere in the country. So using a Lorry is the most cost effective way of moving our clients’ goods. We are replacing all our lorries with as and when they are due with Euro 6 engines. We have looked at electric vehicles and because of the weights we carry and the fact that our lorries have specialist equipment fitted no manufacture have produced an alternative fuelled vehicle that can carry the weight we do and go over the same terrain we do.
We will continue using what FORS has taught us to improve our MPG and reduce any wasted idling we might have across the whole fleet.
Gaining FORS Gold Accreditation shows how dedicated we are as a company to improving road safety and the safety of all vulnerable road users in London as well as nationally. We will continuously use what FORS has taught us to help reduce our carbon footprint and make the roads so safer for everyone that uses them. We have also managed to make a significant saving by reducing our fuel usage and improving our MPG. We have also reduced the amount of accidents we had on the previous year which resulted in our insurance company reducing our premiums. Achieving gold status means that all the hard work done by my team was recognised. It also means that our drivers are a credit to their profession and industry but as previously said it’s not the end of the journey. The journey continues and we will endeavour to achieve higher standards in our transport operations.
Please note: All published FORS Gold case studies have been submitted by the accredited company named above and transcribed verbatim