Following the announcement that Transport for London (TfL) has awarded the FORS concession (eNews 15 January 2015), a period of transition from TfL to the FORS Community Partnership (FCP) is now underway.
The FCP, comprising AECOM, the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and Fleet Source, will take over the day-to-day running of FORS on 17 February 2015.
TfL has fully funded FORS for seven years and established the scheme as a benchmark standard for the industry. As part of the new arrangement FORS will become a self-funding scheme. This will enable FORS to be available across the UK and ensure the continued development of the FORS benefits package.
FORS accreditation demonstrates that you run a quality operation and gives you and your clients confidence that you operate safely and efficiently, helping you to win and maintain work.
All FORS operators will have access to:
• Advice, guidance and campaign toolkits
• Performance management system and supporting tools
• e-learning modules
• Regular news and bulletins
• Offers and discounts from FORS Associate suppliers
FORS operators working in London will have access to funded:
• CPC training for HGV drivers
• Safety training for van drivers
• Best practice workshops for managers
2015 FORS subscription and audit fees
From 17 February 2015 companies registering with FORS for the first time will be required to pay:
• An annual subscription fee – based on total fleet size
• An audit fee based on the number of operating centres to be accredited
If you are already a FORS accredited company there will be a charge for your annual renewal although this charge will be waived or reduced in the first year, depending on your company’s renewal date.
The arrangements are as follows:
FORS accredited companies with an annual renewal date between 30 January 2015 and 1 March 2015
Existing FORS accredited companies with an annual renewal date falling between 30 January and 1 March renewing their existing registration without changing the scope of their accreditation will not be charged an annual subscription or audit fee (excluding follow-up audits)..
FORS accredited companies with an annual renewal date between 2 March 2015 and 31 March 2015
FORS companies with an annual renewal date falling between 2 March and 31 March will:
• Pay no annual subscription fee if the total fleet size is up to and including 10 vehicles
• Receive a £350 discount on the annual subscription fee for companies with a total fleet size above 10 vehicles
• Receive one operating centre audit free of charge
• Be charged for additional audits and any follow-up audits
FORS accredited companies with an annual renewal date after 31 March 2015 and up to 30 January 2016
FORS companies with an annual renewal date after 31 March and up to 30 January 2016 will be charged reduced fees for:
• Annual subscription
• Audits (excluding follow-up audits)
Companies that are registered with FORS before 17 February but have not yet been audited
If you are registered with FORS before 17 February you will not have to pay an annual subscription fee for this year but you will have to pay for any audits that have not yet been booked and confirmed by 30 January 2015.
Further information on fees can be found on FORS Online.
To help you further understand the changes to FORS and the introduction of fees, we have prepared a set of ‘Frequently Asked Questions and Answers’.
You can also contact the FORS Helpline on 08448 09 09 44 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you are already booked on a FORS Practitioner workshop, it will take place as scheduled
• If you have an audit booked it will go ahead on the agreed date
• Audits taking place before, up to and including 16 February will be carried out by the Freight Transport Association
• Audits taking place from the 17 February will be carried out by the FCP