Construction vehicle journeys can have a significant and negative effect on surrounding communities. CLOCS Construction Logistics Plans (CLP) training helps all stakeholders involved in delivering construction projects to reduce the impact of their activities.
CLPs provide the framework for understanding and managing construction vehicle activity into and out of a proposed development, and it demonstrates social responsibility and helps to manage risk.
A CLP provides a full assessment of all phases of construction and details:
- The amount of construction traffic generated
- The routes the construction vehicles will use
- The impact on relevant Community Considerations
- Any traffic management that will be in place
- Any policies which encourage modal shift
The CLOCS Standard recognises the knowledge and experience fleet operators can bring to logistics planning and explicitly encourages principal contractors to engage with their supply chain in the preparation of CLPs. CLOCS CLP training is designed to create a positive and lasting impact, with delegates from a mix of backgrounds and experiences driving discussions that are topical and sector relevant.
Available online, Foundation and Practitioner training looks at CLPs through the planning process and discusses the importance of early collaboration, assessing vehicle movements, planned measures and the benefits of getting it right.
Upcoming dates (courses are held over two mornings Wed/Thurs):
- Foundation: 10/11 March and 21/22 April
- Practitioner: 24/25 March and 28/29 April 2021
To book you place, click here.