The Fleet Management Essentials (O Licence) course will be held in Glasgow on Wednesday 7 February 2018. The course provides an overview of good fleet management principles, the Operator Licensing system and the FORS Standard.
The one-day course equips fleet management and supervisory staff with the knowledge and skills required to effectively perform the duties of the formally appointed ‘responsible person’, maintaining continuous and effective control of the fleet operation as required at Bronze under ‘M3 Responsible person(s)’ of the FORS Standard.
By the end of the training course, delegates will be able to:
- Provide an overview of the Operator Licencing system and the licence application process
- Explain the complementary nature of the Operator Licence Undertakings and requirements of the FORS Standard
- Manage the Operator Licence, complying with its undertakings and the latest guidance from the Traffic Commissioner
- Explain the key aspects of Drivers’ Hours and Working Time rules and their links to fatigue and road safety
- Implement and manage a maintenance system and defect reporting regime that maximises vehicle roadworthiness and safety
- Apply and communicate the principles of safe loading and good load security systems across the fleet operation
- Describe the importance of driver licensing, CPC training, professional development and the moral, economic and legal case for ensuring driver competence
- Promote good driving standards including speed management and deal with driving infractions as part of a driving standards policy
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the regulatory and enforcement bodies and recognise the risks, consequences and penalties for non-compliance
- Demonstrate an outline knowledge of the broader legislative framework covering international fleet operations
The find out more about Fleet Management Essentials (O Licence) course, and to book a place on the Glasgow course, please click here. Additional dates at locations around the country will be released early next year. For any queries, please email email@example.com.