Did you know that, in accordance with published government guidance, furloughed employees can engage in training? In fact, the government is encouraging furloughed employees to undertake training. This means that, even if you have been furloughed, you can continue to undertake training offered by FORS through your membership. This includes FORS Professional eLearning modules and the new FORS Professional webinars for managers, which were recently launched to replace the classroom-based manager training.
Some conditions are in place around training for furloughed employees so we advise that you check the .gov website (about half way down the page) and discuss with your employer if appropriate.
The FORS Professional training that is available to you and your drivers, whether for your own personal development or in readiness for your audit, is:
- FORS Professional manager training – FORS Professional Practitioner webinars, FORS Professional Car and Van Fleet Management Essentials, FORS Professional HGV/PCV Fleet Management Essentials, and FORS Professional Collision Management are now available as live webinars. If you haven’t already booked a place, click here to view date options and register to attend one of the webinars
- FORS Professional driver and manager eLearning – eLearning modules are available in the usual way. Click here to access these. The LoCITY eLearning modules for drivers and managers were recently updated, so take the opportunity to undertake these if you can
- FORS Professional driver classroom training
- Following JAUPT relaxations around Driver CPC rules, FORS Professional LoCITY Driving, Truck Smart, and Staying Legal can be undertaken remotely and are offered by a number of training providers – check here for a list of training providers who are licensed to deliver these courses and authorised to deliver this training remotely
- Safe Urban Driving and Van Smart – JAUPT relaxations do not extend to these courses because of the practical element. FORS is looking into options for supporting members with regards to completion of these courses and will communicate with members as soon as we have an agreed plan in place