Since launching the revised FORS Professional LoCITY eLearning modules last month, over 1,300 individuals have completed both the manager and driver modules.
“Bearing in mind the unprecedented times we are facing with the coronavirus pandemic and the fact that all Bronze, Silver and Gold downgrades have been suspended, this is a really positive figure which I believe reflects the high commitment of FORS members to professional development,” said Livia Gergely, FORS membership manager.
Both of the FORS Professional LoCITY eLearning modules have been improved and updated to ensure they are aligned to the latest emerging policies and initiatives.
The eLearning module for drivers, called LoCITY Driving: Time to Clean Up, and the eLearning module for managers, called LoCITY Fleet Management: Time to Look Ahead, aim to educate drivers on reducing fuel consumption and vehicle emissions and managers on how to operate in a more environmentally efficient manner.
The updates to LoCITY Driving: Time to Clean Up include:
- New and emerging policies and initiatives
- Information on alternative fuels
- Access to links and resources in addition to the LoCITY website
- Air quality gauge mechanism to align this to better known categorisation of air quality levels
- Updated voice-over narration
- New quiz to be undertaken at the end of the module
The updates to LoCITY Fleet Management: Time to Look Ahead include:
- New and emerging policies and initiatives both London-based and national schemes
- Expanded information on alternative fuel types
- A helpful checklist of next steps
Van and HGV drivers must undertake the LoCITY Driving: Time to Clean Up eLearning module every 24 months at Silver ‘S5 Professional development’.
Revised group delivery is also available for the driver module and can be accessed in the usual way from the member dashboard.
Click here to access the revised eLearning modules.