Time Smart is designed for FORS members who have direct line management responsibilities for driver shift planning, monitoring of fatigue and ensuring compliance with the drivers’ hours regulations. This includes shift supervisors, transport managers, owner operators and those with line management responsibility.
The training is complemented by the free Time Smart fleet manager toolkit, which provides easily applied practical advice and resources, as well as internal communication materials. It has been designed to help supervisors and managers responsible for all vehicle types adopt industry best practice regarding both fatigue and drivers’ hours management. The information will also help FORS operators understand how to meet the requirements for drivers’ hours and driver health at FORS Bronze – this toolkit can be accessed here.
FORS Professional Time Smart training is offered in the form of a two courses:
- Fatigue Management
- Drivers’ Hours Management
Each course is offered at the discounted rate of £75 + VAT per person per webinar. The webinar lasts six hours and is delivered in two sessions of three hours each, with one hour for lunch.
The learning objectives of the courses are as follows:
Fatigue Management – aimed at managers responsible for all fleet types
- The regulations governing company responsibilities in relation to fatigue
- The duties and responsibilities expected of managers to effectively reduce the risk of employees suffering from fatigue
- The effects of fatigue and be better placed to recognise it amongst employees
- How effective shift plans can be an effective way to reduce fatigue
Drivers’ Hours Management – aimed at manager of HGV, PCV and mixed fleets
- EU drivers’ rules and how they apply
- Road transport working time directive
- AETR & GB domestic rules and how they apply
- The functions of a tachograph
- The rules relating to the management and recording of drivers’ hours activities
Please check the cancellation policy prior to booking.LOGIN to see available course dates and to book your place