The Staying Legal course is designed to inform all HGV drivers of the requirements to remain compliant, when driving an HGV commercially on public roads. The learning aims are to raise the overall HGV compliance standards, along with the protection of the actual Operators Licence. Staying Legal is fully Driver CPC accredited and amounts to a seven hour Driver CPC training module, towards a driver’s graduated total.
Funded Staying Legal Driver CPC courses are available to FORS operators. There are currently no Staying Legal dates available.
The course syllabus includes the following topics:
- Operator licensing requirements
- Regulatory framework that governs the road transport industry
- Enforcement agencies that police non-compliant operations
- Enforcing regulations – the targeting methods used and the common offences
- Driver offences and the consequences of non-compliance
- A compliant driver
- A compliant vehicle
- A compliant journey
- Industry led initiatives to reduce Work Related Road Risk (WRRR)
LOGIN to see available course dates