Fleet Management Essentials is a course for fleet management and supervisory staff that operate car and van fleets. It provides an overview of good transport management principles, supports the continuous and effective management of a transport operation, and evidences FORS Bronze requirement M3 – Responsible Person.
Course delivery is in two options*, either comprehensive or intensive:
- FME2 Car and Van (comprehensive) – an extensive and interactive full day course (9am-16.00pm) designed to embed learning at a steady pace
- FME2 Car and Van (intensive) – an alternative fast paced half day course (9am-12.30pm) that is much less interactive
Each course covers the same training objectives and learning outcomes but to suit different learning styles. Therefore the price, end of course assessment and certification are the same whether you choose the comprehensive or the intensive option.
* Please be careful to book the course option that fits your needs
Who should attend this course?
- Car and van fleet managers requiring an update on current legislation and industry good practice
- Transport office staff employed to support the appointed responsible person in tasks such as records maintenance, tasking drivers, allocating vehicles etc
- The appointed responsible person as required at Bronze M3 of the FORS Standard
What objectives does the course cover?
The course equips participants with the knowledge and skills required to effectively perform the duties of the formally appointed ‘responsible person’ who will be maintaining continuous and effective control of the fleet operation.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
- Establish and maintain continuous and effective management of the fleet operation
- Manage driver proficiency and competence
- Manage driving standards and driver conduct and behaviour
- Manage driver time to ensure compliance with the law
- Know the vehicle requirements to meet construction and use regulations
- Know the load or passenger requirements to meet construction and use regulations
- Maintain internal fleet quality management procedures
- Know the traffic enforcement bodies and the legal compliance system