A comprehensive 3.5 hours Fleet Management Essentials course for fleet management and supervisory staff operating car and van fleets. The course equips delegates with the knowledge and skills required to effectively perform the duties of the formally appointed ‘responsible person’, maintaining continuous and effective control of the fleet operation as required by M3 of the FORS Standard.
The course provides an overview of good fleet management principles and the FORS Standard. It is the first standalone fleet management course that aligns the full spectrum of fleet management good practice with the requirements of the FORS Standard ensuring an effective and valuable learning experience.
Who should attend this course?
- Existing car and van fleet managers requiring an update on current legislation and industry good practice
- The appointed responsible person as mandated in the requirement M3 of the FORS Standard
- Transport office staff employed to support the appointed responsible person in tasks such as, records maintenance, tasking drivers, allocating vehicles etc
What objectives does the course cover?
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
- Establish and maintain continuous and effective management of the fleet operation
- Manage driver proficiency and competence
- Manage driver conduct and behaviour
- Manage driver time to ensure compliance with the law
- Know the vehicle requirements to meet construction and use regulations
- Know the load or passenger requirements to meet construction and use regulations
- Maintain internal fleet quality management procedures
- Know the traffic enforcement bodies and the legal compliance system