Coronavirus outbreak and HGV and PCV Fleet Management Essentials
In order to allow members to undertake manager training despite government restrictions on movement currently in place, HGV and PCV Fleet Management Essentials will now be held as live, online webinars.
Initially rolled out for members with places booked onto classroom manager training, the live webinars will mostly take place on the dates originally scheduled. FORS will soon be sending out invitations to those with places booked, including those whose training has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak, so look out for these. Places will be offered to the remainder of the FORS membership once demand has been established.
The cost to attend this discounted training for has been reduced to £50 per person.
A comprehensive one-day HGV and PCV Fleet Management Essentials course launched in association with CILT for fleet management and supervisory staff working to achieve Operator Licence undertakings. The course equips delegates with the knowledge and skills required to effectively perform the duties of the formally appointed ‘responsible person’, maintaining continuous and effective control of the fleet operation as required by M3 of the FORS Bronze Standard.
The course provides an overview of good fleet management principles, the Operator Licensing system and the FORS Standard. It is the first fleet management course that aligns the undertakings of the Operator Licence with the requirements of the FORS Standard ensuring an effective and valuable learning experience.
Who should attend this course?
- Existing goods and passenger CPC holders requiring an update on current legislation and industry good practice
- Managers and supervisors preparing to undertake the transport management CPC qualification
- Managers and supervisors responsible for running Restricted Operator licensed fleets
- Transport office staff employed to support Operator Licence undertakings such as, records maintenance, tasking drivers, allocating vehicles etc
What objectives does the course cover?
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
- Provide an overview of the Operator Licencing system and the licence application process
- Explain the complementary nature of the Operator Licence Undertakings and requirements of the FORS Standard
- Manage the Operator Licence, complying with its undertakings and the latest guidance from the Traffic Commissioner
- Explain the key aspects of Drivers’ Hours and Working Time rules and their links to fatigue and road safety
- Implement and manage a maintenance system and defect reporting regime that maximises vehicle roadworthiness and safety
- Apply and communicate the principles of safe loading and good load security systems across the fleet operation
- Describe the importance of driver licensing, CPC training, professional development and the moral, economic and legal case for ensuring driver competence
- Promote good driving standards including speed management and deal with driving infractions as part of a driving standards policy
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the regulatory and enforcement bodies and recognise the risks, consequences and penalties for non-compliance
- Demonstrate an outline knowledge of the broader legislative framework covering international fleet operations