All FORS Professional manager training is delivered remotely.
Fleet Management Essentials is a comprehensive one-day training course for fleet management and supervisory staff that operate HGV and PCV fleets. It provides an overview of the O Licence regime, awareness of good transport management principles and provides the underpinning knowledge to maintain continuous and effective management of a transport operation.
This 6-hour online course underpins the FORS Practitioner qualifications. The course also evidences Manager CPC refresher training and FORS Bronze requirement M3 – Responsible Person.
Who should attend this course?
- HGV and PCV transport managers requiring an update on current legislation and industry good practice
- Transport office staff employed to support the appointed transport manager or responsible person in tasks such as records maintenance, tasking drivers, allocating vehicles etc
- The appointed responsible person as required at Bronze M3 of the FORS Standard
What objectives does the course cover?
The course equips participants with the knowledge and skills required to effectively perform the duties of the transport manager (or responsible person). By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Establish and maintain continuous and effective management of a transport operation
- Manage the Operator Licence, complying with its undertakings, conditions and Traffic Commissioner statutory guidance
- Manage Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC), driver licensing and professional development
- Manage driver conduct and time, ensuring compliance with Drivers’ Hours and Working Time rules
- Implement and operate a maintenance system and defect reporting that ensures vehicle roadworthiness and road safety
- Apply and communicate the principles of safe loading, load restraint and, where relevant, passenger safety
- Promote good driving standards, including speed management and deal with driving infractions as part of a driving standards policy
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the regulatory and enforcement bodies and know the risks, consequences and penalties for non-compliance
- Demonstrate an outline knowledge of the broader legislative framework covering national and international transport operations