LoCITY Driving is a classroom-based course that focuses on minimising the environmental impact of vans and HGVs by reducing emissions through the use of pre-journey planning and vehicle checks, fuel-efficient driving, and alternative fuels. The seven-hour CPC-accredited course which is aimed at drivers and transport managers gives attendees the knowledge and skills needed to cut costs and minimise the environmental impact of fleet operations.
The course was also the recipient of the prestigious Education in Transport award at the 2017 National Courier Awards for “demonstrating a commitment to education for the advancement of those working in the express industry”.
Transport for London (TfL) funds half the training cost, meaning that FORS members only need to pay the remaining half (£30.00) plus the DCPC upload fees (£8.75 per driver).
The course will cover the following topics:
- The relationship between driving style, fuel consumption and environmental impact
- How regular maintenance and vehicle checks can cut costs and emissions
- Fuel efficient driving techniques
- Use of in-vehicle technology to improve fuel economy
- Benefits of journey planning
- Alternative fuels in commercial vehicles
There are no dates available through FORS at the moment, however, you can check the LoCITY website.
If you are not able to find a suitable date, alternative dates are also being offered by other training providers at a discounted rate – click here.