Funded training: LoCITY Driving training is delivered remotely. The remote session lasts seven hours and focuses on minimising the environmental impact of vans and HGVs by reducing emissions through the use of pre-journey planning and vehicle checks, fuel-efficient driving, and alternative fuels. The seven-hour CPC-accredited course which is aimed at drivers gives attendees the knowledge and skills needed to cut costs and minimise the environmental impact of fleet operations.
The course was also the recipient of the prestigious Education in Transport award at the 2017 National Courier Awards for “demonstrating a commitment to education for the advancement of those working in the express industry”.
The course covers the following topics:
- The relationship between driving style, fuel consumption and environmental impact
- How regular maintenance and vehicle checks can cut costs and emissions
- Fuel efficient driving techniques
- Use of in-vehicle technology to improve fuel economy
- Benefits of journey planning
- Alternative fuels in commercial vehicles
LOGIN to see available course dates