COLLISION MANAGEMENT TRAINING
Highly comprehensive collision management training is offered in the form of two, one day classroom courses, both of which are complemented by an eLearning module (20 minutes duration). These modules will revisit and supplement the learning covered throughout the classroom sessions, with the primary target audience being those who have attended the classroom learning for either of the two courses. The classroom training will be delivered by highly experienced trainers who have practical “hands on” experience of investigating collisions at the roadside and with the necessary follow up internal investigative actions.
These courses are each complemented by a collision management toolkit, providing practical, effective and logical solutions for managing, reporting, investigating, monitoring and minimising road traffic collisions and other transport related incidents – this toolkit can be accessed here.
These courses are:
Road Risk Champion (RRC) – the RRC course will cover the following learning aims:
- Develop company road traffic collision management policy and procedures
- Implement company road traffic collision management policy and procedures
- Record and analyse road traffic collision data and identify trends
- Develop company level initiatives to manage the highest risks
- Develop and provide reports to help monitor performance, inform senior management, satisfy insurance requirements and meet contractual obligations
- Conduct collision trend analysis
- How to instil best practice in obtaining management buy-in for road safety campaigns and how to reduce road risk within an organisation.
Collision Investigator (CI) – the CI course will cover the following learning aims:
- Define the moral, legal and economic implications of collision management
- Investigate road traffic collisions and incidents
- Conduct causal analysis of road traffic collisions and incidents
- Recommend remedial actions to prevent re-occurrence
Course places are limited to 15 delegates per course so it is advisable to book early to secure a place. Please check the cancellation policy for these training courses prior to booking. We encourage delegates to print the Course Learning Pack (CLP) prior to the course and bring on the day. Instructions on how to download the CLP will be given once your place is booked.
These courses are designed for those within organisations who have managerial responsibilities with regard to transport operations. All delegates who attend the course/s will receive all relevant training and toolkit material on a USB for use as an on-going reference. Please also note that the courses are not accredited as Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC) modules, as these are aimed at those with managerial responsibilities, but will be certificated accordingly.LOGIN to see available course dates and to book your place